Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Cozy up on those cold winter evenings with this hearty overnight turkey chili. Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 whole chipotles in adobo, diced (can add some sauce too for some more heat)
- salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil.
- Add in ground turkey, salt and pepper, and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Add the turkey to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients (except for toppings)
- Cook on low for 6 hours, until the soup is cooked through.
- Serve warm with the suggested toppings above!
Shop best selling slow cookers below!
- This article was initially published on AOL.com: Best Bites: Overnight success overnight turkey chili