While contemplating what to make for breakfast I discovered a salmon, rice and patty food twist creation that turned out to be a very tasty meal. While most people have a difficult time deciding on what they should make for breakfast, lunch or dinner, I find there are several options available inside the refrigerator. These choices are from leftovers and over the years I came up with several food twists with what was already cooked and just sitting my in fridge. Some people would use their left overs to recreate the original meal, but for me, I always find it intriguing to create something different. The food twist I discovered by accident was Salmon Fried Rice Patty.
A few weeks ago I had salmon fried rice at a restaurant and I loved it, so I thought about recreating it with my leftover white rice and salmon. A few days after my visit to the restaurant, I was at a barbeque and they were serving beef patties. I took two, scraped out the beef and ate the just the crust. At the time I thought how funny it would be if I replace the beef with something I could eat like veggies or fish. Two days ago I bought a box of beef patty for my wife and I happen to put two in the upstairs refrigerator.
While deciding on what I was going to make, I just took them out of the fridge and placed them on the counter. I was thinking about just scraping out the beef again and eating the crust and also making the salmon fried rice. I did not know what the finished outcome would be so I just started putting the items together to make my Salmon Fried Rice.
Ingredients for Salmon Fried Rice
- 1 small bowl of cooked rice
- Two pieces of sliced cooked salmon
- Chopped onions, tomato, garlic, scallion & thyme
- Four (4) leaf of lettuce
- Two (2) tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Instruction for Stirred Fry Salmon Fried Rice
- Add the coconut oil in your frying pan, then drop your chopped onions, tomato, garlic, scallion & thyme. If you would like your rice to be hot, you can add some chopped pepper. Let it cook up for about a minute.
- Add your cooked rice in the frying pan then mix it up with the cooked seasonings. Keep stirring it for about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the soy sauce over the rice, then mix it up with the spoon.
- Cut up 1 of the salmon slices into small pieces and drop them into the frying pan, then mixed it into the rice for about a minute.
- Put a cover on the frying pan and let it cook down for about three minutes.
Instruction for Patty Crust
- Use Two (2) Frozen Patty if you can’t make your own crust.
- Cut a small hole in the top left corner of the bag the patty comes in, then put the frozen patty in the microwave for two minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and put it in an oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- About eight minutes put the other slice of salmon slice in the oven for next two minutes
- Once removed from the oven, let it cool off for about 1-2 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut through the edge of the patty to open it up. Do not separate the two halves entirely.
- Gently scrape out the meat from both sides of the patty.
- Place the crust on a plate and wait for the Salmon Fried Rice to finish cooking.
Plating the Salmon Patty Dish
- Put the two patty crusts on a large plate, then scrape some of the stir fried rice inside of the deep end of the crusts.
- Neatly place the remainder of the rice and the chunked salmon on the plate.
- Cut up the lettuce and place them above the rice inside the crust then finally close the two side of the crust.
This should take no more than 30 minutes to put together. While I was preparing the dish, I was also boiling some lemon grass to make tea to accompany my meal.
If you made this dish, go ahead and share what it taste like at the bottom.