There are plenty of Android applications that are not available via the Amazon store. Kodi for instance is one of them. There are some that are great for streaming live sports, news and entertainment like ABC, CBS, HBO etc, however they are unavailable on Amazon FireStick. Naturally, you want to add such apps to your Fire TV so we here you will learn how to side load Android Apps on the FireStick to stream live sports, news and entertainment channels and on demand TV & Movies.
Adjust Device Setting
Adjusting device settings to allow external apps to be installed on the device.
- On your Fire TV or Android Device navigate to ‘Settings’
- Fire Stick-> ‘My Fire TV’ or ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options’
- Android TV-> Settings -> ‘Security‘
- To disable security features do the following:
- On Fire Stick: Enable ‘Allow apps from Unknown Sources’
- On Android TV and other devices:
- Enable ‘Allow apps from Unknown Sources’
- Disable “Google Play Protect“
Install Side-Loading App
Downloader is an application you can use to install Android applications on your FireStick or Android device. In the guide below we will show you how to install the app and use it to side load Modbro, LiveNetTV, Terranium & MorphTV.
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
Type ‘Downloader’ or ‘Puffin” and ‘ES Explorer” or “FX File Explorer.
- Click on the Downloader app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the Downloader or Puffin app.
- In the Downloader or Puffin browser, enter the following URL: https://www.fiweh.com/fs
- Click ‘Go’.
Install Media Streaming Apps & Players
Now you can start downloading the below Apps to watch live tv, tv shows and movies.
- Click on each App Name and the App will begin to download.
- Option 1: Using Downloader. Click on each app link listed below to download and install them immediately. You will be asked if you would like to delete the file after it is installed, click yes.
- Option 2: Using Puffin browser.
- Click on each app link to start the download of all apps listed below.
- Exit the browser and go to the home screen, then open either ‘ES File Explorer’ or ‘FX File Explorer’.
- Look for and click on the ‘Download’ folder in the left navigation pane, then click on each app to start the installation process.
- Once all files are installed, press and hold down the okay button on all the apps to delete them from the device storage.
- MorphTV – TV Shows & Movies
Terranium TV – TV Shows & Movies
- Typhoon TV – TV Shows & Movies [updated 26 September 2019]
- Titaninum – TV Shows & Movies [updated 10 September 2019]
- CyberFlix – TV Shows & Movies [updated 10 September 2019]
- Show Box – TV Shows & Movies [updated 10 September 2019]
- Mobdro – Live TV
- LiveNetTV – Live TV (Note: When open for the first time, select ‘Android Player’ as default player)
- YesPlayer – Required for using Terranium & Morph TV Apps.
- Once all apps are installed, return to the home screen
- Look to see if the apps were installed. If you don’t see them on the home screen go to your app directory and see if they are there.
That’s all you need to know about how to side-load Android apps on your Android device. Installing those apps will enable you to get access to a multitude of content at your fingertips, however keep in mind that some of these applications give you access to content that may be considered piracy. Use at your own risk.